Belly fat is an increasingly burdensome problem as more people are diagnosed with serious health problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease. Belly fat is known by several other names including visceral fat, intra-abdominal fat, stomach fat and pot belly fat. These fat stores are deep inside the abdomen and surround organs such as the small intestine and colon. Reducing the amount of belly fat is a prime method to positively improve your health.
Home Remedies to Lose Belly Fat: Physical Activities
Daily exercise is critical for improving your overall metabolism and decreasing belly fat.
These types of exercise rapidly increase metabolism and burn calories faster than just leisure walking. The fat burning effects have been shown to last several hours after an intense cardio workout. Running, bike riding or intense bodyweight exercises can all get your heart and respiratory rate elevated and burn considerable fat. Follow the workout below and doing it consistently for best results.
Ultimate Workout for Belly Fat Loss - Cardio and Abs Workout
2. Strength Training Workout
Muscle requires more calories to maintain. Weight training is a perfect way to shed that dangerous fat inside the abdomen. Also, muscle has high metabolic requirements and those with more muscle mass burn more fat every day. Check out the following video for strength training routine which will help lose belly fat:
Beijing a workout which is fat-burning yet not to vigorous, plate help enormously in shedding off the extra pounds in your stomach. Follow the video and then you’ll see amazing effects gradually.
How To Reduce Belly Fat Fast in 10 Days With Pilates Ab Workouts
Home Remedies to Lose Belly Fat: Diet Changes
1. Watch What You Eat
The old adage that we are what we eat rings true. Sugar drinks, unhealthy fats and overly processed foods all end up around our midsection as belly fat. Simple refined carbohydrates such as crackers and white bread are some of the worst food choices. Better options include lean cuts of meat, vegetables and fresh fruits, eggs and nuts. These natural foods help improve thyroid hormone function and can help burn fat. Whole grains are filling and also help reduce cholesterol. They also help mobilize fat stores for breakdown and use by the body. Below is a video for foods that’ll burn belly fat.
2. Drink Plenty of Water
Nearly all of us are dehydrated at some point in the day. Water plays a key role in metabolism and regulation of your body's homeostatic mechanisms. Even as little as 2% dehydration adversely affects energy and physical performance. The liver is a key performer when it comes to burning fat. Dehydration impairs the liver's ability to breakdown and metabolizes fat for energy. Water is the best source for maintaining hydration. Avoid alcohol, excessive caffeine and fruit juice or soda pop. Artificially sweetened drinks come with their own set of side effects and can actually worsen dehydration.
3. Reduce Calorie Intake
Losing weight often boils down to simple math. You either have to eat less or exercise more to burn fat and lose weight. Simply cutting out 600 calories a day will result in a one to two pound weight loss per week. This is the safest rate to lose weight according to experts. Rapid weight loss is harder to maintain and can lead to health problems such as gallstones.
4. Have More Fruits and Vegetables
- Watermelons. This fruit has been shown to improve lipid metabolism resulting in less belly fat and a decreased risk of heart disease.
- Apples. Those who eat three apples a day lose more weight according to a Brazilian study. The pectin and other antioxidants have numerous health benefits.
- Bananas. This low calorie snack is packed full of vitamins and minerals to keep your fat burning engine running smoothly and also have been shown to inhibit colon cancer.
- Tart Cherries. This type of cherry helps minimize the damage of heart disease, diabetes and belly fat. Studies show that consumption reduces belly fat and cholesterol levels.
- Avocados. This green wonder has both anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties along with lecithin. These substances help balance weight and cholesterol levels.
- Tomatoes. Lycopene is a well-known substance with amazing health benefits. Eating tomatoes can improve blood lipids and contain powerful antioxidants.
- Celery. With only 8 calories per serving and tons of vitamin C, celery is an excellent food and celery juice before meals can improve weight loss. Celery also contains apigenin that has been shown to decrease the risk of ovarian cancer.
Home Remedies to Lose Belly Fat: Lifestyle Changes
1. Have Smaller but More Frequent Meals
A variety of hormonal changes occur after eating huge meals. The end result is packing on more weight and belly fat. By eating more frequent and smaller meals, the body's metabolic furnace is always running hot. This results in more fat and calories being burned throughout the day.
2. Eat at the Right Time
Make meals at consistent times throughout the week. Skip a meal or push a normal mealtime back by several hours and overeating is the sure outcome. Eat the last meal before sunset. Waiting to eat until right before bed results in poor sleep and can cause heartburn.
3. Never Exercise with Empty Stomach
Never workout on an empty stomach or risk turning your metabolism into a starvation state where it purposely tries to slow down calorie burning. Grab a quick healthy snack containing some protein and carbohydrate so that you have the energy necessary for a quality workout.
4. Get Sufficient Sleep
Six hours is the absolute minimum amount of sleep required. Skimp on this rule and your weight will likely balloon due to abnormal regulation of hormones. Leptin and insulin directly affect metabolism, glucose levels and obesity. Lack of sleep induces stress that in turn revs up the stress hormones. The end result is that you eat more, gain weight and pack on belly fat.