Many people often wish they were taller as they feel it will improve their self-confidence. Height is mainly determined by genetics; however, it is not the only determining factor. The human growth hormone (HGH) in our bodies regulates height as well. Produced by the pituitary gland, HGH plays an essential role in the growth and development of long bones and cartilage.
Here we provide some safe and natural measures to help increase your height. These solutions for how to increase height can be used in combination to get best results. Most of them can be performed in the comfort of your home and can be incorporated into your everyday life.
1. Maintain a Good Posture
Slouching the shoulders can impact the growth of your spine negatively. A good posture where your head and neck are aligned straightens out your spine, relaxes your muscles and helps with a height increase. Good posture can also help you look much taller if you are not actually increasing height.
2. Enjoy Exercise and Sports
Exercise and sports stimulate HGH release. So in order to increase height, you must exercise regularly and take part in sports activities. The following exercises are good choices when seeking ways of how to increase height.
- Hanging exercises: Just like it sounds, hanging down from a bar allow your body to stretch. To create a better stretch, bring your legs up parallel to the ceiling. This should be done for several sets and reps each time and several times a week.
- Toe touches: Stretch as far as you can to touch your toes. Hold the stretch for a few seconds at a time.
- Pelvic shift: This is known as one of the most effective exercises for height increase. Start by lying flat on your back with palms out to the sides. Keep both legs bent and slowly push upward with your pelvis. Hold for approx. 30 seconds.
- Jump rope: The jumping motion will aid in building up of muscles and stretching them out. It is great exercise for stretching the body, especially the lower legs.
- Spot jump: Jumping stretches out the cartilage in the body. Repetitive vertical or squat jumps can stretch out the cartilage, gradually making us taller. Basketball is an excellent sport where you have to do lots of spot jumps.
- Super stretch: A great stretch for increasing height as well as reducing stress. Stand upright, place your hands behind your head and bend your head forward as far as you can. Perform this stretch slowly and hold each position for a few seconds as it helps to stretch the neck and spine.
- 2 legs straight up: Lie flat on your back and place your palms flat on the floor at your sides while raising your legs toward the ceiling. Perform this slowly and continue to stretch your legs until your pelvis is lifted slightly off the ground. This is a more difficult maneuver and may take some practice.
- Forward spine stretch: This stretch works your back and calves. Sit on the floor and stretch your legs out in front of you. Reach forward and arch your back to touch your toes. Hold the stretch for several seconds as tolerated.
3. Turn to Hellerwork Treatments
This is a form of deep tissue massage. It is used to treat several ailments as it is performed based on the belief that most of our bodies are unnaturally compressed. Be sure the treatment is provided by an experienced individual who is aware of your medical conditions because this treatment is not recommended in some circumstances.
Watch the following video to learn the function of Hellerwork and how to do it:
4. Wear High Heels or Elevator Shoes
This is the most commonly used method around the world. You can wear height increasing shoes to put another 2-5 inches to your height. But it is only a temporary solution and may cause pain to your feet, ankles and legs if you walk long distance.
5. Drink Milk
Calcium is an essential mineral for bone growth and is prevalent in milk and dairy products. In addition to calcium, milk contains vitamin A and proteins that are necessary for increasing height. It is recommended to drink at least 2 to 3 glasses daily as well as eating dairy products such as cheese, yogurt and cottage cheese.
6. Eat a Balanced Diet
The lack of necessary nutrients could be one cause for people not reaching their maximum height. Nutrients such as zinc, magnesium, vitamin C, protein, potassium, phosphorus and calcium are required to increase height. Eat a balanced diet every day that should include appropriate portions of fresh leafy greens, colored vegetables, nuts, fruits, whole-grains and low-fat dairy products.
7. Enjoy the Sun
Basking in the sun for approximately 30 minutes daily is the easiest solution for how to increase height because sunlight is a natural source of vitamin D which is an essential nutrient for growth. Lacking vitamin D can lead to weakened bones and a shorter stature. Besides sunlight, you can find vitamin D in milk, cheese, eggs, fish and fortified foods.
8. Add Ashwagandha into Diet
Also known as Indian ginseng, this natural supplement has been noted to help increase height. It contains minerals that are necessary to broaden the bone skeleton and improve bone density. Ashwagandha can be found in herbal stores.
- Mix 2 tbsp. of ashwagandha powder in a warmed glass of cow’s milk.
- Add sugar according to desired taste and mix well.
- Drink this mixture before bed for at least 45 days.
Note: It is necessary to avoid fast food while using this natural remedy to see results.
9. Seek Medical Help
If your families are very tall but you stop growing in mid-teen, then you should see a doctor because conditions like autoimmune diseases or HGH deficiency may hold you back. Consult a doctor to make sure that everything is alright and maybe find ways of how to increase height.
10. Other Effective Methods
- Drinking ample amounts of water helps to improve your metabolism which has an impact on your height. It is recommended to drink at least 8 glasses of water daily.
- During rest, the body grows and regenerates tissues. The HGH is produced naturally when you are in deep and restful sleep.
- Certain yoga and stretching exercises go hand-in-hand and facilitate the production of HGH in your body. They also aid in reducing stress and relaxing your back muscles, which promote height growth.
- Stretching on a regular basis has been said to increase height by 1 or 2 inches.