When you are facing an important event – one that requires a nice swimsuit or a skin-tight dress, you will desperately want to get rid of the extra pounds. You might be tempted to launch into a fad diet that promises spectacular weight loss in only a few weeks. Though these weight loss plans might work in the short term, they can also cause long-term damage. It is important to stick to a diet that's healthy and safe. Combine diet and proper exercises, you’ll be surprised becauses you really can lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks.
How to Lose 10 Pounds in 2 Weeks
Warning: most doctors recommend you only lose about 2 pounds each week. Anything more than that can actually harm your body. Try to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks, you must place safety first. Here’s a good program that can help you reach your goals without hurting your body in the process.
1. Intensive Exercises
No matter how good your diet is, you must exercise in order to lose weight. You have to burn more calories than you take in! Start out with simple exercises, such as walking or swimming, three times each week. Here are a few good exercises to help you get started:
- Squats. Put your feet shoulder-width apart and lower your body so that your knees bend as much as is comfortable. Then come back to the starting position and repeat.
- Push-Ups. On the floor, rest on your knees and your hands, or your hands and your feet. Slowly lower your chest to the floor, then push yourself back up with your hands.
- Jumping Jacks. Jump into the air and lift your arms above your head at the same time, clapping them together as you rise. At the same time, kick your feet out to each side, then bring them back together as you touch the ground again. These are fun exercises for cardiovascular health.
- Fast Walking. Walking for a short period of time at a very quick pace, then slowing down for a shorter period of time, can set the stage for a good workout.
- More Workout. There are many moves for your reference in the following video which are proved to be fairly fat-burning and can be simply done at home:
2. Diet Changes
There is some truth to the saying “you are what you eat.” Bad food in your body leads to weight gain, while good foods can help spur weight loss. These changes can help you lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks.
- More Fruits and Veggies. These are natural powerhouses of antioxidants, fiber, vitamins and minerals – and they don’t have that many calories, so fill up on them!
- Small but Frequent Meals. To stave off feelings of hunger, eat several small meals each day. If you go too long between meals, your hunger rises and you might not be able to stay on your diet as you had planned.
- Plenty of Fluids. Water is your best friend when you’re on a diet. As a good rule of thumb, try to drink one glass of water every hour throughout the day. If you want other drinks, such as juices or coconut water, go for it – just make sure you don’t have too many calories.
- Multivitamins. To ensure your body is getting what it needs, a good multivitamin can work wonders. Take it every day with a full glass of water.
- No Fatty Foods. Foods loaded with fat are a surefire way to ruin your diet. Avoid saturated fat no matter what, and limit your intake of unsaturated fat. Avoid fast food and other places that ensure you get too much fat with your meal. Here is a video on what to eat to lose weight:
3. More Tips
Need more advice? These tips can give you further help to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks.
- Reward Yourself. If you are going an excellent job of sticking to your diet, reward yourself with a treat. You can have a small scoop of ice cream, a fun-size candy bar, or something similar. Don’t go overboard!
- Sleep Enough. Get plenty of sleep in order to keep your metabolism up and your body burning away fat. Seven hours of sleep is the absolute minimum for good health, but eight hours would be better. Rule of thumb: if you are tired during the day, you need more sleep.
- Drink Cinder Vinegar Before Sleep. Many people swear by apple cider vinegar as a weight loss aid and as a way to help ward off illness. Drink two tablespoons in half a cup of water every night, and remember that honey can make the taste more pleasant.