People always say that beauty is skin deep, but is it really that bad to want to look and feel beautiful? When we have radiant, even, and smooth skin we feel happier and positive about ourselves. However, sometimes there may be underlying reasons as to why we cannot achieve a smooth even skin tone. Whatever the cause of your uneven skin tone, you can try the following ways to even skin tone. First, you can watch the hottest video from youtube.
How to Even Skin Tone
1. Protect From Sun Damage
Skin discoloration has its roots in spending too much time out in the sun. You should make sure that you are not overexposing yourself to the sun without correct protection. If you love being outside and spending time outdoors, then make sure you are using skin protectant such as sunscreen with a high SPF rating. You want to apply the sunscreen to yourself about 30 minutes before you go out. Avoid stepping outside during the middle of the day because this is the highest sun exposure time. If you do need to go out, wear a broad-brimmed hat, or you can even use an umbrella to protect your skin.
2. Exfoliate Your Skin
The process of removing dead skin and replacing it with newer, fresher skin layers underneath is known as exfoliation. The exfoliation process will help even out your skin and make it appear smooth.
3. Moisturize Regularly
Make sure the toner and moisturizer that you are using is good quality. If you are going to use makeup or skincare products, use ones that are all natural to avoid damage to your skin from harsh chemicals. Remember that water is the best cleanser there is. You should moisturize a minimum of once daily, more if possible.
4. Drink Enough Fluids
The best answer on how to even skin tone is drinking water. You need to make sure that you are getting enough fluids as it helps with your complexion. Drinking water paired with any of the above strategies mentioned will help you in achieving healthy and beautifully radiant skin.
5. Apply Natural Remedies
There are various natural home remedies which can be applied to even your skin tone.
- Orange Peels. Making a face mask out of orange peels may be what you need. Take some dry orange peels, and let them sit out in the sun for a couple days. After that, make a powder out of them, and then add water to the powder to make a paste. You can then apply this to your face. Let it sit for 15 minutes and rinse it off. If you use this technique every three days, you will see a difference in the evenness of your skin.
- Chamomile. To prevent brown spots due to the sun use chamomile. Take a chamomile teas bag, and brew up a strong cup. Steep for 3-4 hours and mix with witch hazel. Apply to your face after it has been washed. The chamomile acts as a skin toner and the witch hazel acts as an astringent.
- Tea Tree Extracts. How to even skin tone if you have scars? The best treatment for scars due to acne and blemishes is tea tree oil. Place a few drops on the affected area of skin for a few months. Face scrubs that are natural and contain ingredients such as apricot help exfoliate the skin and help give an even skin color. Try using tea tree extract in your face scrub. This natural remedy works wonders on improving skin tone.
- Lemon Juice and Honey. Getting rid of blemishes can be easily taken care of if you simply add lemon juice to some honey, and then apply it to your face. Leave it sit for about 15 minutes and then wash off with cold water. This remedy will also help lighten your skin too.
- Oatmeal or Aloe Vera Paste. An important aspect to skin care is an exfoliation scrub. It will remove dead skin and dirt from your pores and improves blood circulation. Making a homemade exfoliating scrub is as easy as this: Mix wheat germ, oatmeal and cornmeal in equal proportions. Add water until you mix these as a paste. You can then apply it to your face for as long as 15 minutes. Wash with cold water to rinse off.You can also apply aloe Vera gel or mashed papaya to your face. If you are looking to remove blemishes, add some lemon juice to honey, leave on for about 15 minutes, and wash off. This is also an available method that helps lighten the skin.
6. Cover Up with Makeup
Makeup is not going to cure the uneven skin tone problem, but it can help to even out your skin. When shopping for powder, blush, or foundation, make sure to pick out something that matches your tone. You can either be a warm or cold tone, and there is a great way to tell your skin tone: if you look at the veins in your arm and they are blue, you are a cold tone. Similarly, if you see green veins then your tone is warm.
7. Try Microdermabrasion
One of the best spa treatments to improve skin tone is microdermabrasion. This non-invasive treatment removes dead skin cells, stimulates collagen production, and improves skin tone and appearance.
8. Resort to Laser Therapy
If you have scarring, hyperpigmentation, and excessive acne, laser therapy could be right for you. This medspa treatment evens out skin tone and removes blemishes and unwanted dark spots.
Causes of Uneven Skin Tone
Various reasons can cause skin tune to be uneven. Knowing those causes can help you understand better how to even skin tone:
- Some of the most common reasons are freckles, blemishes, scars, and hyper-pigmentation which is caused due to an overexposure and constant exposure of sunlight.
- Common products used such as anti-aging creams and makeup have negative effects on your skin. Anti-aging creams can make your skin sensitive to sunlight, so you should take caution when using them. Makeup contains chemicals that are harmful to the skin and can leave unwanted effects.
- Unevenness of the skin can be caused by previous scars on the skin due to acne, as well.